Monday, September 1, 2008

Swiss Days or Bust


I love Labor Day weekend- because to me it is the official kick-off of the holiday season! Plus I get to start it with Swiss Days! But this year I didn't know if I was going to make it. Wednesday night I started coming down with a really bad cold and by Thursday morning I could not breathe and I hurt everywhere not to mention the fact my eyes were watering off of my face. ! So I just kind of took it easy and Friday and felt even worse. I called my mom and told her we probably weren't going to go and she was as depressed as I was. By the afternoon I knew that if I didn't at least try to go not only would I be depressed and sad but I would have 3 very ANGRY children who didn't get to go to Grandpa and Grandma land! So we left after Wyatt got out of school. By the time we got up there- I think my brain just took over and I felt great. Saturday came and I felt wonderful- no problems whatsoever. Kim and Sylvie were going to come with us but then Kim felt sick so we had to go without them. But the bonus part was is that Deirdre came with my Mom and I. She was so good and she loved shopping. All week she had been saying- I just want to go shopping with just you mom- no boys. So she got her wish and I loved having her come- Grandma bought her the cutest fairy costume, tutu and boa. She didn't even have to use the yucky portable toilets! What a champ. I found some cool stuff and we had a blast. Then we went to Tai Pan as a little extra fun thing to do. I think Swiss Days ranks up there as one of my favorite things to do.

Matt, Hayden and Wyatt rode four wheelers while we were gone then went to Keegan's football game and then later that afternoon Matt and Wyatt went to the BYU football game. They had a great time then all the family hung out on Saturday night. We were all beat and I didn't even think to take any pictures! Sunday, my mom did the boys hair- and they thought that was pretty cool. I started feeling crappy again Saturday night and so we came home on early Sunday afternoon. Thanks family for letting me come and infect you all with this lovely cold- may you not return the favor soon. I wish we could have stayed longer but maybe next time. I have to say that maybe there could be a Swiss Days everytime I got sick than my mind could make me better- or maybe just a good shopping trip- Vegas anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm in for Vegas! Sorry you have been sick.

Tina said...

Sorry about the sickness. YUCK!! I'm telling you one of these years I need to go to Swiss Days. I've heard so much about it but never have gone.

McKell said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. And then to have Shaun pester you - that's even better! We missed you guys for the game on Saturday. I'm glad Swiss Days was so fun! It's been years since I have been there.

Jenny said...

Glad to have my walking partner back! Can't wait to see your fun prizes!

Stacy said...

What did you buy ya know I should be there to see all of your treasures... any way I am glad you had fun and of course you felt better you were going shopping for that you can feel good enough to shop for a little while it is all about the will to do it

Jade said...

I'm up for Vegas. You just say when!