


Watching the Game Our future Husker!
The best time of year has arrived! Last week the boys went to the BYU football game and today we are watching the Nebraska Huskers football game, then the BYU football game and then probably the S.U.U. game tonight! All this after we have been going to Wyatt's football practices everynight this week! Matt got roped into coaching and I just come watch and let Deirdre and Hayden run all over. Wyatt is going to be playing full-back which I guess means the quarterback hands the ball to him and he runs with it. He is practicing hard and he says he likes it a lot. This year he is playing with pads and he looks huge with them on. They haven't gotten their helmets yet but they should be here next week.
We treated ourselves to the Nebraska game and it was worth the money just to watch the team do the tunnel walk and run onto the field. It brought back some fun memories and it really makes me homesick for Lincoln. We are trying to teach Wyatt the importance of being a native Nebraskan! He however thinks BYU is his favorite team. I can't wait until we can go to a Nebraska game- one game and I think he'll be a fan for life.
Mom sent me this e-mail and I thought it made pretty good sense.
Football FINALLY makes sense.......... A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had greatseats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how sheliked the experience."Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and allthe big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing eachother over 25 cents."Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?""Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of thegame, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get thequarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!
Football FINALLY makes sense.......... A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had greatseats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how sheliked the experience."Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and allthe big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing eachother over 25 cents."Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?""Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of thegame, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get thequarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!
I remember always being at football practice when I was little- Dad coached and I always went to the games but I never bothered to learn the positions except- center and quarterback. One day we were at the BYU game when I was about 10 and the scoreboard had a section that read Ball On- I thought it said balloon- and then I was thouroughly confused! Dad just shook his head. Oh well, I like it but I do better if I can talk my way through a game.
3 comments:
I can hear Matt from here! I had a great day with you. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend.
Go BYU! Wow, what a game that was yesterday. I'll bet your house was rocking and rolling.
I love football! We heard that BYU won, all they talk about here is Hawaii, wierd. It is like religion, well I guess it is in Utah too. The difference is that it is always warm and nice to go to the game like we can anyway you tell me how to take twins to a game the stroller kinda puts a damper on that.
Post a Comment