Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Skyfest 2008




I decided that we needed something fun to do so we went to the Skyfest last weekend and it was so worth getting up early to go and see. We didn't get to the park until 7:30 but it was early enough to see all the balloons be launched. Wyatt, Deirdre and Hayden were mesmerized by the balloons (and for the boys- the fire.) They just ran from balloon to balloon watching them launch. We happened to be in the right place at the right time when a balloon landed. The pilot (I guess the driver of the balloon is called a pilot) called to all the kids to line up if they wanted a ride. Wyatt wanted to ride the balloon but he wouldn't alone so I stood in line with him until I realized that it actually did go up in the air and then I didn't want to anymore- so after threatening Matt with a pretty harsh threat -he took all 3 kids on the balloon. Hayden buried himself into Matt's shoulder when they lit the burners (I don't know balloon language) and Deirdre stood close by but Wyatt was hanging over the basket waving- not good for a nervous mother. Granted it was only 50 feet up in the air but that was too high for me. They loved being on the balloon and I think it will be something they remember for the rest of their lives.

3 comments:

Tina said...

What an awesome experience. I'll bet the kids loved it. I've always wanted to ride in one but my fear of heights would surely get the best of me.

McKell said...

Lucky you - well your kids and husband. I would love to do that and Myka informed me that she would too. Who knows, maybe next time?

Jade said...

I wanted to go this year, it was such nice weather but I had the Beehive Conference. Jase took the kids by himself. I would love to ride in a balloon (it's on my bucket list), but I can't get Jase to go with me. He says he doesn't want to die crossing things off my bucket list.