Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Softball Season Comes to a Tragic End!






Matt played softball this summer with our ward. I played in one game and decided that it would be best if I was left to a last resort type of player :). Anyway they had their final game the other night. The stake had a tournament that started on Labor Day weekend (duh) and then they had more games on thursday night. The team had an awesome first game. They hit the ball like crazy and could catch anything that came to them. My favorite part was when Matt had to stretch from 1st base to catch the ball. I don't think I've ever seen him stretch that far- he got the player out it was awesome. The second game was not so great. The other team could not miss a ball and hit the ball like we did our first game. (Maybe if Shaun and Craig would have been more loyal to their team this would NOT have happened, but they had to work, blah, blah, blah. Just kidding!) It has been so fun to just be out in night and hanging out with friends from the ward. I hope they do it next year. It about killed Wyatt not to be able to play and one game he just slid out onto right field and before I knew it he was up to bat- which I didn't want him to be but everyone was really nice about it and let him have a chance. Anyway, I'm sure they'll take 1st place next year. Go Enoch 2nd Team A!

4 comments:

McKell said...

I'm pretty sure that picture I'm in was when I hit my homerun. (or at least tried). I told Shaun you were going to give him heck and he was waiting for your call.

Tina said...

Believe me, I think Craig would rather have been at the game that driving around trying to find some address out in the sagebrush in Kanab. I'm actually sad that it's over!

Stacy said...

I loved to see the pictures of the people in my old ward:) you should take more and post them for me I am sure everyone would love that. Go Matt way to play ball.

Jade said...

That looks like one serious game. If I was any good at all I would offer to play ***IF***. Looks like a ton of fun!