
What happens when Dad ditches us on his birthday for the nice tropical breezes of Wisconsin? Ding Dongs baby- Hayden loved them. Being without Daddy for 3 days- not so much but the treats did ease his pain a bit!
I love this little boy more than words can express- he is such a sweetie but he has a mind of his own. For instance, yesterday when I was dropping Deirdre off at pre-school a song was playing on the radio that we often listen to. When it ended another song came on and Hayden started shaking his head and saying no- so I switched stations- again he said no- I went through all six and he said no. Finally I slipped in the CD that we always listen to and he started dancing! About 5 minutes later I asked myself, "Why am I letting my 21 month old choose the music?" Who knows maybe it's because I love him!
Biting Paint
Now we can talk about him biting the paint of the living room window sills! Who does that? Hayden does that! He has gotten better about it but I am sure the biting king will strike again! (We have already re-plastered & painted it once!)
Ice
Every time I open my freezer Hayden makes a beeline for the ice drawer. He loves it. He bites it and I am afraid he is going to break his little teeth right off. But hey they're baby teeth they grow back. He is quite persistent about getting a piece of ice. I have to protect my ice water. If he even sees one little cube he wants it. -Protect your coke Grandma! Yes that is Hayden trying to eat ice off the floor. And yes I had just mopped and sanitized the floor- do you think I could really let him do that if I hadn't?


Toothpaste!
I know that when I'm in the mood for a snack- I head right to the toothpaste. Hayden is OBSESSED with brushing his teeth. And he loves toothpaste. I have caught him on more than one occasion carefully trying to grab the tube and dig in. He is a character and he keeps me on my toes!
Hayden loves to try on shoes. It made me laugh the other day when he came running(at full speed) out into the family room wearing Deirdre's princess shoes. He hauls shoes all over the house- needless to say I am always looking for the other match. Cute legs baby!
Pencils
Most kids love to draw don't they? Hayden does- on tables, the floor or the walls. I think that is to be expected (not wanted) by parents. However, we do not have 1 pencil in this house that has a full eraser. He sneaks up on the unsuspecting pencil and takes a little nibble- what's up with that?
I figure he'll grow out of it someday and I will look back on all this and smile. But I think I will remember the most is when he wakes up from his nap and hugs and kisses me and keeps saying, "My mommy, My mommy" I figure he can be mischevious every now and then right?

6 comments:
I love that you are keeping track of all the cute and funny (and sometimes not so funny) things he does. I was so good at doing that with Nate, not so much with Elise. He is precious! I love the new layout.
OH Hayden....who wouldn't love that boy! He is absolutely adorable!!! The hugs and kisses make up for everything! (I know because we have Kort) Love ya Hayden!
It's only cute at his age when they come prancing out in princess shoes. In a few years you'll be able to threaten him that if he doesn't clean his room, you'll show all his friends his "princess picture."
What a cute kid! I'm glad to see he is keeping you on your toes. Enjoy it now, because like the song says, "you're going to miss this, you're going to want it back!" I am liking your new layout, much easier to read!
This makes me sad I don't even know Hayden. I mean not like your other kids I grew up with them (I'm not a grown up yet). So to see Hayden grow up on the internet is crazy. He is cute!
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who lets your kids do what they want sometimes just to keep them happy. Hayden is such a cutie! He's got the cutest little smile.
Post a Comment