Monday, April 7, 2008

Celebrating the Happy AnniTenurebirthsary???

The Future Is Rising!



First thing is first- MATT GOT A LETTER FROM THE DEAN LAST WEEK STATING THAT HE HAS BEEN TENURED AT S.U.U!
I will apologize now that this is so long- but I need to remember it.

Way to go Matt! He told our family and some friends and they always said now what does that mean? It means that S.U.U. is pleased with his performance and has granted him a certain job protection to entice him to stay- plus the AWESOME salary he gets every year :) This is a big deal in the world of Academia and it is an important step in his career. We are proud of you Honey!

Anyway- to celebrate our Anniversary, Matt's birthday and his tenure (hence my crafty title of this post) we went to Salt Lake on Friday and went to the Spurs versus Jazz game with a couple of Matt's friends from high school. Yes, I left my kids and went out for the evening! We had so much fun. The game was so much fun-especially to see the Spurs annihilated by the Jazz just did our hearts good. I have always liked Tim Duncan but man is he a baby- he wines after every play! The Jazz Bear scared us to death with his confetti gun and Matt actually gave him five. (Big Woo :) but Deirdre was excited about it.) We had a nice dinner afterward and it was so good to catch up and plan Matt's class reunion- what is it 50 years since he's been in high school?

Now here is our kid's side of the night- I left them with my sweet parents. My mom had her knee replaced 3 weeks before but she was determined to take care of my kids for me. My sister had a hot dog roast for the kids and my brother and sister-in-law came down for reinforcement and the fun. As it turned out Wyatt was crossing a ditch and fell in it- covering him with mud from head to toe. The funny part was that he wasn't so upset about being wet and cold as he was about ruining his school shoes! He kept saying "My mom is going to kill me." My siblings asked if I beat him over his school clothes- no I do not, I just try to keep them looking nice for as long as possible. Grandma ended up running him to Wal-Mart to find another pair and then Wyatt decides it's time to be picky as he has no shoes on and is sitting in the shopping cart with my mom pushing him! Hayden didn't like it when Grandma left so Kim, Kelly, Dave & Tanya were left with trying to entertain him. Wyatt even said that they better take Hayden with he & Grandma because Hayden doesn't like to be left without him. Sweet boy! Anyway they had a blast and weren't even sad when it came time for bed. Thanks you guys for watching them it means so much to me to know they are in awesome care when I am gone!

Saturday we watched and sustained President Monson (which was awesome)and then we went shopping and out to lunch for Matt's birthday. It was a fun day and we were sad to have to come home so early. And naturally I forgot my camera when I actually needed it. Darn the luck.
Thank you Tina for the help on getting images from the Web!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations and happy anniTenurebirthsary! That's funny. Sound like you had a good weekend.

Jenny said...

Congrats Matt! That is great, I'm glad it all went through. I like the name, a very good description! Happy Everytinng!

Stacy said...

Well Matt you did it! We knew that you would. It sounds like you all had a great weekend. Happy Birthday to you.

Stacy said...

My sister in law said if you get a message on your comments and there is a name but no message do not open it. delete it, it is a virus and will infect your computer

Tanya said...

Congrats Matt!!! And Happy Birthday!

Stacy said...

I like the new layout can you do it without losing all your blog friends and things if you know how let me know or if any of you know how let me know.

Tina said...

Well Matt, I should give you props on your happy day. That's awesome! Now if the Jazz can just pull through with a couple big wins, then we'll all be doing good.