Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fun With a Hammer


Matt is going to kill me for putting this on our blog but I don't want to forget. On Thursday he was out in the garage making boxes for our garden. He swung the hammer with full force trying to nail two boards together and crushed/split/bludgeoned his forefinger to death! Needless to say it hurt like a mother and it didn't look pretty. I thought he should go get it checked out but of course he refused. We didn't get to go to dinner on our anniversary so we went the next night (after he hurt his finger.) I got a good laugh because he had to keep his finger elevated so every time the waitress looked at him it looked like he needed something. I couldn't resist making fun. The next day we went up for Quade's birthday and my family joined in on the fun. I have to say though when I helped him get his finger cleaned off I thought I was going to pass out. It looked like a dead persons finger or a fake hand at Halloween. I have to say that even though he has had to keep his finger straight up for a week, he's been a trooper. Thanks for letting us have fun at your expense- that is the best kind of fun.

5 comments:

McKell said...

Poor Guy! What a trooper though.

Kelli said...

When Matt does something, he does it right! Hope it feels better soon.

Tina said...

Holy cow look at all your adventures!!! Poor Matt, I do feel sorry for him. There's nothing worse than smashing your finger.

Jade said...

That's too bad. The dinner story is funny though.

Stacy said...

Oh Matt I hate it when the finger gets in the way.