Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wyatt's Science Project






Wyatt decided he would like to do a Science project for the Science Fair at Enoch Elementary this year. It took a while for him to decide which one to do and he finally settled on making a cloud. Sounds easy right- well being the Science gurus that we are it didn't happen. So he decided on making a "fire extinguisher." This included combining vinegar and baking soda in a water bottle and then when it got fizzy (don't you love the scientific term) you leaned it over a burning candle and the candle went out. This worked really well and it was fun mixing up the stuff and watching it go out. We all got into doing it and then we tried putting out the fire with rootbeer, juice and soy sauce. It was fun. Wyatt then had to put all his "findings" on a project board. Matt really spent some time explaining what happened and then Wyatt typed up the information on the computer. Wyatt and I laid out the design and then he glued all the "stuff" on it. He even had to do a presentation for the judges. He was so cute when he practiced! He'd say "OK, OK, this is my science project." He'd shake his hands and his head, but when he started talking he calmed down and did really well. He had to do the presentation all by himself and I think he was pretty nervous. He didn't win a prize but I think the fun we had was better than getting an award.

Wyatt is such a good kid- I am so thankful and pleased with how hard he tries in school. Keep up the great work buddy.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Great job Wyatt! That's awesome!!!

Tina said...

How fun is this! I'm very impressed. I was never much of a science guru, so this is great. Good job Wyatt!

Jenny said...

He looks like a budding scientist. I hope he continues with it, science is a lot of fun! Good job Wyatt!