Tuesday, March 18, 2008

14 Years Ago Today!







Fourteen years ago today I was in the St. George temple being sealed to the most amazing person in the world. I remember being soooo nervous about being with someone forever. The thoughts that ran through my head are still really clear in my mind today. I can't believe what life has brought us. Matt is such an awesome husband- I would have never thought that I would feel so loved and honored. He not only tells me how much he loves me, he shows- not with things (except Target money :)) but with actions like taking care of the kids, cleaning anything I need him to and just by always thinking of me first. I wish I was that selfless. Who would have thought we would have 3 kids, moved around and ended up in the same place where we started- although we are definitely not the same people now. I am so lucky to have a husband who is willing to do anything and EVERYTHING I need him to do. I hope Matt knows how lucky I am to have him. It's weird saying we have been married for 14 years- it has gone by so fast! I feel like it should be more like 7. I am so lucky to have married a smart, (not only academically) rational, loving person who makes the stupid problems I dwell on go away in a matter of minutes after talking with him. HE makes my life easy and fun and I am THANKFUL to have him in my life. Plus the flowers are beautiful! Like Matt says we survived the 7 year itch twice- here's to the next 14! I love you honey! (Don't you just love the wedding picture- I wasn't lucky enough to be married in the day when all photography was digital)

3 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the wedding picture. How about the "poofy" sleeves. I think we've talked about this before but, it's amazing how weddings have changed since "our day".

Jenny said...

Wow, your old! Just kidding, Happy Anniversary! How time flies, and I too love the puffy sleeves, they look a lot like mine did.

Stacy said...

Matt is a good guy, you are lucky to have him and he to have you. 14 years is great, it also means Rusty's for dinner. (we don't have a Rusty's) anyway HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!