Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MONSTER JAM! 2008




YES- can you believe it- I finally went to a place where I thought I would never have been caught dead! (ever). Last Friday, as I was cleaning or clearing up my house I started thinking about Monster Jam- Wyatt loves Monster Jam trucks. He secretly sets our DVR to record all of their shows and I have to say I am not fond of the constant roar that comes from the TV but I know it is a good escape for him and he enjoys it. He is like Rainman with the stats of the trucks- he knows who the drivers are and what all the points are about. Anyway, I decided to check when they would be coming to Salt Lake and it so happened that it was this last weekend. So in a snap decision- I called my mom and asked her if everyone wanted to go and my wonderful, awesome family said yes! So I hurried and packed and we left that night. I can honestly say that going to my mom's is never relaxing- we go 100 mph while we are there. We started on Sat. morning with a 2 hour trip to Target- I don't know how we ended up in there for so long but what can I say it has my two favorite smells (popcorn & Tide) and when I go there I feel very at home. Then we went to Koy's basketball game for all of 20 minutes then we rushed to Energy Solutions Arena! I have to say we loved the Trucks- even I thought it was really cool! Holy loud though! You haven't lived until you've seen those trucks in the air! (Ha, Ha) Hayden loved them too, once we figured out that his toe was bent backwards in his shoe ( he was screaming for about an hour)


But I have to say it was a great day! I love going to my mom's. We had the best time that night I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. If you want a good time try playing the game Electricity with Deirdre (4) and Kort (3). Anyway- I'm so glad we have such a good family who is so supportive of us and always is willing to do the stuff I want to take my kids to. You guys are awesome!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That sounds really fun! Duston took me to one of those when we were dating it was hilarious. It cracks me up Wyatt secretly records the tv shows! What a riot!

I wish we were coming to Utah soon! We'll probably be there for Christmas... we'll see...