Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hula Hoopitdy Doo!




I finally found Deirdre a hula-hoop. She has been asking for one for the last month and of course Walmart has never had one but we ran away to Target last Friday and they had one. I figured that I better buy at least two and now that I can't get another one I should have bought three. When we got home I was surprised how well Deirdre could do it. I think she must be practicing at gymnastics. Wyatt wasn't too great at it at first but he soon caught on. It was Friday night and on Saturday morning he charged into my bedroom and said, "Mom, I'm better at hula-hooping now than Deirdre is." My first thought was to say don't be so rude but I had to laugh when he showed me what he could do. I think his drive is amazing- a pain in the you know what a lot of the time but I had to remind myself that having ambition to do your best is a good thing. The hard thing is trying to teach him not to tear others down in the process of trying to do his best. Hayden was hilarious- he would try and then just swivel his hips without the hoop going around him. I think we might need to sign up for the circus :). It was a good thing we had the hula hoops because of the sickness that came our way this weekend. Now the big trick is to do two at a time. It's cute when your kids learn something new that you always thought was so easy to do. It's fun to watch them have fun with something so simple. Deirdre hasn't stopped playing with it since she got it- she even has to take them into her bedroom at night!

No comments: