Thursday, February 5, 2009

Groundhog Day!



I was telling the kids about Groundhog Day. I was sick of winter and I said that I hoped the groundhog would come out of his hole and not see his shadow so Spring
would come early. This confused poor Deirdre! She was concerned about how the groundhog would see his shadow and she told Matt, "Now, what's this holiday with some animal? It sounds kind of scary." She even went so far as to pointing out a cats shadow and telling me, "Look, he can see his shadow!" It made Matt and I laugh. I am glad to see January go but it has ripped by. Wyatt had fun in the snow with his friend Bryce. I love the snow but at this point in the year it doesn't stick around long and we are left with MUD! I HATE MUD! My poor neighbors hear me going after my kids telling them not to get in the mud and stay on the cement. Stacy is lucky she is in Hawaii. I bet there's not a lot of mud.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Carlynn, There is no mud, no Dirt, just sand at the beach. I told Camrie that there is only sidewalks and grass between my house and the school she couldn't beleive it. I don't miss the mud the dirt or the cold, however I miss friends and family so be thankful for that mud.