






We had so much fun this Christmas. We went to my parents for the annual family Christmas parties. Our day started out great until we got to Scipio and realized that we had forgotten Deirdre's bag and Christmas dress. Luckily Shaun & McKell were coming our way hadn't left yet so they went and grabbed her stuff and met us along the freeway. Thank you so much- you saved us! What's funny is about two years ago we forgot Wyatt's stuff and we had to go buy him new pj's, socks, underwear and clothes. You think we would learn to check and make sure we have everything- especially when we were commenting on how all of the presents fit so easily. Duh-none of our stuff ever fits easily! I think I need a Yukon XL.
We finally got to Grandma's and got the party started. We ate and played games. We opened presents from each other and I have to say we got spoiled! Our cousins are way too generous! Deirdre got 3 new Barbies complete with a Barbie kitchen and lots of Barbie outfits. Hayden got Gator Golf, a Planet Universe guy and a cute puzzle and Wyatt got a reamote control car that climbs the walls and a baseball game. That was before grandma's presents! Grandma gave Hayden a Remote control dumptruck, Wyatt a remote control jeep and Deirdre a rc Chrysler 300 plus pajamas for everyone!
Grandma had me & Matt, Dave & Kim and Kelly and Tanya play a version of the newlywed game. It was a scream. I have to say that Matt & I know each other the best (just kidding.) Then we played kids against dads and that was funny also. We then watched the BYU game which Matt and I wished we could have gone to but we had to go do our parties and it just got wilder from there. Our kids are getting so big they just go nuts when they are together plus all the remote control vehicles makes it wild!
On Sunday we went to church and then to my mom's extended family Christmas party. We had fun and we got to see the Real Mr. & Mrs. Santa! Hayden would not even go near Santa when it was his turn- but then the next thing you know he's up there hugging him and talking to him- as long as he doesn't have to touch him. The kids had fun opening their gifts from their cousins they don't even know. But the party is really fun.
Monday came and we had to head back home- I needed to get our neighbor and friend gifts out- I got a little behind this year. The weather was going to be iffy all week so we decided to head out right as the storm hit. Bright idea! The weather was horrible until after Fillmore. But we made it home safely and were ready for Jolly Old St. Nick to come!
1 comment:
What fun, what fun. Glad we were able to help with Deirdre's clothes.
Post a Comment