





We celebrated Christmas Eve with our usual traditions- making & frosting cookies for Santa, reading the Christmas story from the bible, opening up new jammies, and going for our Christmas Eve ride to look at the Christmas lights- even though Deirdre kept asking the whole time- when can we go back so I can go to bed. She was a just a little excited.The kids woke up for Christmas at an astonishing 7:30- I could hardly believe it, especially since I had been waking up from 5:00 on! I was so excited. We had them come in one at a time this year so I could catch their expressions. Hayden got a new big wheel- which he was thrilled when he saw it he said, "My bike" It was really cute. Deirdre came out and was surprised to find a Barbie doll house and Wyatt got a new bike. Then they got to open the other presents Santa had brought. They got some fun stuff. I have to say that I have always loved all of our Christmases but this one just seemed to be so fulfilling. The kids loved their stuff and they loved the presents that they got from each other. It was really cool. We played the morning away and then my parents came to see what the kids got and brought them the rest of their presents. Hayden got the cutest Handy Manny tool box which he loved. The real fun started about 7:00 p.m. when the power went out for 5 hours! We all ended up in the wrong bed. I don't think my mom will ever stay with me again until I have a bedroom just for her. Hayden was absolutely terrified that the power went out so he just sat out in the family room with the rest of us. We talked about our favorite Christmases that we had and our favorite Christmas present we had ever received. Due to the darkness and the eventful day we all went to bed around 10:30. I have to say it will always be a Christmas to remember.

1 comment:
What a fun Christmas! Cute pics.
Post a Comment