

Cute cousins watching the parade!
Wyatt helping Deirdre ride a bike my parents bought on their way to the parade at a yard sale.

Saturday we got up early and went to the parade. It was fun since I haven't been to that parade in over 10 years. The last time I went Kim was pregnant with Sylvie. It was really fun for me to take my kids to Strawberry Days. Since I was little we always have gone to the parade and the carnival and sometimes even the rodeo. We always went to the parade with my grandma and cousins then she took us out to lunch (always Chinese) and then we would go back and ride the rides at the carnival. I think the kids loved the parade- Deirdre waved to everyone and then when the pageant royalty would come by on their floats- she would yell, "Mommy, princesses!" And she would wave so hard to them it was really cute. Hayden was so tired he fell asleep before the parade started but woke up as soon as he heard the sirens. Wyatt just had a blast being with Keegan and Koy and messing around with them.
After the parade I faced my fear of the dirty carnival and decided to let my kids enjoy what I once enjoyed. We walked over to the carnival and let the kids ride a couple of rides. They had never been to a carnival before so they were pretty excited. Deirdre, Hayden and I went on the merry-go-round and then Matt, Deirdre, Wyatt and Keegan went on the Ferris Wheel. Wyatt and Deirdre thought it was really fun. Then Wyatt and Keegan went on the scrambler and they laughed their head off! We didn't have a lot of time so that's all we did but it was worth it.


After the carnival we went back to Mom and Dad's for a barbecue and swimfest. The kids had so much fun jumping in the pool- I think that is the only essential toy for summer. They ran for hours. Kameron pulled a fast one on me and gave me a giant wet hug plus a wet lap- thanks Kam- I owe you! I think the funniest part is when my mom went to put her legs in the pool and slipped off the side and into the pool. Plus the cannonball contest- I think Kelly was the winner. It was so much fun watching the kids swim, visiting with each other and timing how many seconds it took for Kelly to fall asleep between conversations! :)

After the swimfest was over Kelly and Tanya started talking about ice cream - which my kids can pick that word up from 100 yards away. We decided to head over to Baskin Robbins for dinner! We thought this would be fun since we had to head out anyway. Luckily, Kim had made it back from her family reunion and came with us so we did get to see them for a few minutes.

We went to my mom's so we could go to the Strawberry Day's festivities this weekend. Needless to say it was another marathon trip (as usual) since Matt had to speak in church on Sunday. We left Friday afternoon and were finally able to catch one of my nephews baseball games- way to go Keegan! We then went back to my mom's to put the kids to bed and Tanya and I ran to, of course, Target. When we got back at 10:30 were our kids in bed- not when grandpa is around! Nope, they were outside riding the four wheelers in the dark like maniacs-. No wonder my kids want to live by Grandma. Every minute is a party at least Hayden was asleep.
After the kids were in bed, we were sitting in the family room where my mom started watching episodes of My Big Fat Redneck Wedding. We laughed so hard at this program- and then about 4 episodes later we decided to go to bed since we had an early morning. I think it is ironic my mom is recording Platinum Weddings and My Big Fat Redneck Wedding- So funny!
Saturday we got up early and went to the parade. It was fun since I haven't been to that parade in over 10 years. The last time I went Kim was pregnant with Sylvie. It was really fun for me to take my kids to Strawberry Days. Since I was little we always have gone to the parade and the carnival and sometimes even the rodeo. We always went to the parade with my grandma and cousins then she took us out to lunch (always Chinese) and then we would go back and ride the rides at the carnival. I think the kids loved the parade- Deirdre waved to everyone and then when the pageant royalty would come by on their floats- she would yell, "Mommy, princesses!" And she would wave so hard to them it was really cute. Hayden was so tired he fell asleep before the parade started but woke up as soon as he heard the sirens. Wyatt just had a blast being with Keegan and Koy and messing around with them.
After the parade I faced my fear of the dirty carnival and decided to let my kids enjoy what I once enjoyed. We walked over to the carnival and let the kids ride a couple of rides. They had never been to a carnival before so they were pretty excited. Deirdre, Hayden and I went on the merry-go-round and then Matt, Deirdre, Wyatt and Keegan went on the Ferris Wheel. Wyatt and Deirdre thought it was really fun. Then Wyatt and Keegan went on the scrambler and they laughed their head off! We didn't have a lot of time so that's all we did but it was worth it.


After the carnival we went back to Mom and Dad's for a barbecue and swimfest. The kids had so much fun jumping in the pool- I think that is the only essential toy for summer. They ran for hours. Kameron pulled a fast one on me and gave me a giant wet hug plus a wet lap- thanks Kam- I owe you! I think the funniest part is when my mom went to put her legs in the pool and slipped off the side and into the pool. Plus the cannonball contest- I think Kelly was the winner. It was so much fun watching the kids swim, visiting with each other and timing how many seconds it took for Kelly to fall asleep between conversations! :)

After the swimfest was over Kelly and Tanya started talking about ice cream - which my kids can pick that word up from 100 yards away. We decided to head over to Baskin Robbins for dinner! We thought this would be fun since we had to head out anyway. Luckily, Kim had made it back from her family reunion and came with us so we did get to see them for a few minutes.
We had so much fun with our family. We are seriously jet-lagged today. We are thankful that we are able to come and visit and that they always want to be with us. We feel blessed with great friends that seem like family where we live and great friends that are family!



3 comments:
Looks like fun. You know all the fun things to do around here. You need to keep me posted of upcoming events. We have had a boring Summer so far.
Looks like fun! The picture of Deirdre jumping in the pool is great. And I love the one of Wyatt helping her ride the bike they do not look like it was fun. They are cute!
we had so much fun! that was a great weekend.
Post a Comment