We had a great Christmas season. We started out by going up to my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving! YAY! I love when we get to go there for Thanksgiving. It is always so much fun.
We had a very yummy Thanksgiving dinner and then much to my delight, the stores opened at 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving night for Black Friday! No more sleepless Thanksgiving nights for me! Sylvie decided she wanted to go and so then Koy, Landon, Keegan and Wyatt wanted to go to. So off to Walmart we went for the craziness!!!! We had fun and I think Wyatt had his eyes opened that night. People were crazy- no Christmas spirit whatsoever!
We stayed out until about 2:30 that morning. I only let Wyatt go until midnight- I know mean mom that I am. After Walmart we went to Target and stood in line for what seemed like hours. I'm glad I usually have my Christmas shopping done or at least planned out and don't have to fight for stuff. Sylvie couldn't find a cart so she and Kim grabbed a garbage can on wheels and used it to hold all their stuff.
The next day we helped put up the Christmas lights at my mom & dad's house. The kids loved being outside and they were such good helpers!
On Saturday we went to Fairview to cut Christmas trees. We drove for forever because we had to follow Kelly. Nevermind we had to drive back home to so we could go to Dalton's homecoming and Josh's farewell the next day. We had a blast and Grandpa pulled the kids on sleds behind the truck and they had a ball. We got them all the funky hats at Wal-mart the night before.
Can I just say I have the cutest, most wonderful family on the Earth! We just celebrated Christmas and we had such an awesome time. We started our Christmas celebration by going up to Grandma & Grandpa Wilkinson's. Grandma arranged for us to have family pictures taken with all of us. So we did them outside, can you say brrrr! It was so cold but I am so excited to finally have pictures with our entire family. I can't wait to see what they look like!
After that we went to the Maxfield family Christmas party. It is a pretty fun party and the kids love hanging with their cousins and waiting for Santa to come. They all get to open a present too!
The next day we hung out with our family and did a little Christmas shopping. I made them all go to the mall and they HATED it! I loved seeing the beautiful Christmas decorations and seeing all the fun shops. We rode the escalator in Macy's and that was the kid's favorite part! We need to get out more often!
We had our family party that night too. It was sooooooo fun! We played games where we had to say something we had never done and if someone had done it they had to get up and trade chairs. It was hysterical! Then Grandma had a fun game where we split up into teams and had to stuff balloons into pantyhose and they looked like antlers. Kameron, Keegan and I were on a team and we totally won but everyone said they we didn't because we didn't do our colors right but we so did!!! They were just jealous!
We then got to open presents and Grandma and Grandpa spoiled us all rotten! We all got fun presents and the kids got angry bird stuffed animals and new fuzzy blankets and of course pajamas! The kids opened their pajamas first and Hayden threw his down and freaked out. He said, "I didn't want pajamas!" Then he stormed over to Matt and he was crying so hard- he was so mad and then he yelled, "I didn't get the right pajamas!" Then he stormed into the bedroom and put them on. He was seriously so moody the whole trip. Then he came back out dressed in them- crazy child!
We had so much fun we decided to stay another day so we could go to Salt Lake and see the lights. So we went to the Zoo to see them. They were pretty cool. The tigers were really awesome. All the kids loved watching them. They were fighting and roaring so loudly! It was kind of scary! The best part was that Grandma and Grandpa came with us. I was glad my dad could come.
We are so blessed with such a great family! We love to be with each other and I hope we can always be close.
Happy Birthday Deegan
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment