Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

Wow. This year has gone by so quickly! I can't believe how fast it went. We have had quite the year. We have done a lot of school stuff, sports and dance and classes and work and sports and more sports! We really like it though.

Wyatt has excelled in school and sports. He was given the Hope of America award this year at school which is an award that is given to someone who displays great academic achievement, leadership skills and citizenship. AWESOME!!! He is quite the kid. Whatever he sets his mind to he can achieve!

Deirdre has also done very well in school and in dance and sports. She is an amazing reader and has a huge vocabulary. She also got baptized this year! She is quite the dancer too. Dei played machine pitch softball this year and basketball! She is growing like a weed and is such a doll and is kind to everyone!

Hayden is growing up! He has learned to write his name and is excelling in Kindergarten. He didn't like it at first but he loves it now. He also played t-ball and basketball this year. We have a whole crew of athletes at our house.

Matt is the graduate director at SUU and is BUSY! Holy cow he works hard! He is the best husband and dad ever- he always gives our family everything! He takes such good care of us.

I am busy being mom, working at the school and finishing up my reading endorsement. I am lucky to have such a great family who loves me.

Christmas has been so fun. Except for the killer cold that came my way on Christmas Eve. I seriously wait for Christmas Day all year long and I was flat on my back Christmas day! I was so bummed but my eyes were watering and I was seriously sick. I was no fun at all. My mom and dad had to postpone their trip down here- yuck! I was so sad! But on to happier things.

The kids were so excited I think they were up at 5 a.m. We made them wait until 6:30. I was excited too. I love seeing their faces and I love torturing them by making them wait to see what Santa brought.

Hayden got a bat cave and a scooter.

Deirdre got a desk and an American Girl doll.



Wyatt got basketball shoes, a Wii game and basketball stuff.






They were all thrilled with their presents. Santa must have thought they had been pretty good this year.




I had to laugh on Christmas Eve we were running out of time and we decided not to decorate the gingerbread house like we do every Christmas Eve when Wyatt got kind of mad and wanted to do it. I'm glad he wanted to do it and that this is a good tradition. We had fun making a huge mess and then we went and looked at Christmas lights!


We had fun on Christmas. Denise and Grandma and Grandpa Barton came over to have brunch with us. I didn't take very many pictures (mad noise) because I had the cold from you know where but it was good to see them.

Christmas day was so peaceful and we are so lucky to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. I hope next year I will be organized better so that I can help my family celebrate the true meaning of Christmas even more. I love them all so much and I am glad they are mine forever.



No comments: