Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. I am so thankful for the amazing, wonderful and caring father I have. I am also thankful for Matt who is also an amazing, wonderful and caring father to our kids. I don't know how but I lucked out twice being able to be with two great people who are amazingly unselfish and so hardworking. I know I am blessed and my kids are blessed too! Thank you Dad & Matt!

This has been an interesting morning. My mom called and said she was with my dad in the ER because he was in so much pain. The found more infection in his bone and they are treating him with antibiotics at home but he has to go see the surgeon tomorrow. A few weeks ago when his leg started opening up again he told me that he didn't know if he could go through the whole thing again. And then he said he didn't know if he could do that to my mom because she had been through so much. Wow- he is so unselfish. Never mind that he has had his leg cut off- he is worried about my mom's feelings. It has been hard on her but I am amazed at his ability to look outside of himself and see the needs of others when he is the one who is hurting. He is incredible.

On a happier note, well kind of happy. Hayden told Matt this morning that he wished he wasn't a Mormon because then he wouldn't have to go to church and he could just stay home and play. Seriously= he's 4! What kind of fight are we going to have on our hands.

We also had fun because Kim & Dave stopped by to see us on their way home from California. The kids were so excited to see them. I hope that the kids will stay friends forever. They love each other so much and it is fun to have all of them come and see us. Plus Kim and Dave are pretty fun too.

Wyatt got picked for an all-star baseball team this week. So now we not only play with Blaze we will add another few weeks and whole big long tournament into our life. Dei has two more games of softball left and Hayden has 3 more t-ball games. Hopefully we can fit swim lessons in somewhere. This will be a very busy week. I have class from 8-4 and Matt has stuff all week too. BUSY, BUSY, Busy!!!

I am thankful for all that we have been blessed with. We are so lucky to have the Gospel in our lives and I am thankful for the joy it brings to me and my family.

No comments: