Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Wyatt


Wyatt turned 8 yesterday! I can't even believe he is 8- I was thinking the other night about when I started into labor with him and now he's this strong, motivated, fun and happy boy- wow it just doesn't seem possible. We had a really fun day- he opened his presents (Hayden did not enjoy the fact that he didn't get to open the presents) and he got a new Wii game. The Wii game wouldn't load up and I could see the panic in Matt's eyes thinking something was wrong with the Wii- but there wasn't anything wrong. So they took it back to the store and got a new one. When they got home with it- it wouldn't load up again. I had to get his (blankety blank) cake decorated and Matt was going to take Deirdre and Hayden to story hour at the library so Wyatt just hung around with me for a while- asking every 2 seconds if he could go play with anyone but he had to go get his game fixed when Matt got back. I had an extra small cake I was going to use on his but I just decided to let him frost and decorate him. I think he had a good time and it was fun just to talk to him. He was so excited for his birthday party later that night.


Anyway, after lunch Matt & Wyatt went back to the game store and ended up with a totally different game- we had Lego Indian Jones and he traded for Lego Star Wars and he has loved it. He played it most of the afternoon and then we had his birthday party. He invited some little buddies to come swimming and we rented the Parowan pool. We had pizza , cake and presents and headed over to the pool. They had a blast- the pool isn't a great water park but I don't think they cared- they threw their splash bombs and played with the floating toys and had a great time. I wish we could have swam longer. Even a our friends the Bartons, Roundys and Hillyards came to swim- it was fun. Hayden and Matt had a great time floating around and Deirdre was practically running off the diving board with her tube around her by the end of the night.





Wyatt is such a wonderful boy. I love him so much and I know he is going to do well in life. He knows what he wants and will fight to the death until he gets it. We are glad to have him in our family and we love him very much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! I'm sorry we missed the party, but we enjoyed visiting with you last night.

Jenny said...

Looks like he had a fun time. Thanks for inviting us to the pool, we had a great time! Happy Birthday Wyatt.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt. We had a great time at the pool. Cute pictures and cute cake Carlynn.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! I wish Davis could have been there with you.
Go Dierdre! way to jump off the diving board no fear! Looks like everyone had fun. I remember when you moved into you house across the street from us and Wyatt was turning ONE! I can't believe where the time went and where it has taken us. We miss hanging out with Y'all.

Tanya said...

oh man...that looks fun! great job on the cake carlynn..it's way cute. we will see you guys in a couple of days for the big day!

McKell said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt. Good work on the cake. I'll start coming to you when I need a cake. Are you available on October 7th? Myka will need a princess cake.

Tina said...

Garrett was so bummed that he missed the pool party. Looks like you guys had a blast.