

We literally had a marathon trip up to my parents this weekend. We didn't leave until Saturday morning around 11 (because I made Matt go buy new tires for my car.) We flew (of course I was driving) to my parents and they took Wyatt, Keegan, Sylvie and Koy to see the new Indiana Jones movie- my mom's work had bought out the theater so it was pretty cool for the kids. While they were gone Kim and I went to the mall and got into trouble. We took Deirdre to the Disney store and she has found her place in this life. Ever since we got back from the mall she keeps asking when she will be old enough to shop by herself. Anyhow, we had to run back to my mom's because later that night we were going to be having our pizza off.


Every time we go to my mom's we always have Brick Oven pizza- which is my favorite pizza in the world. Nothing else is like it and we love it. Kelly & Tanya and Kim & Dave highly disagree with me in this area. Now- it's only fair that the few times we come up that we have brick oven since they have plethora of options of where to eat everyday that we are not there. :) So my mom came up with the idea to have a pizza-off to see which place had the best pizza.
So I of course brought Brick Oven, Kelly & Tanya brought Pier 49 and Kim and Dave went to Downtown SLC and got this authentic pizza- Dave knows pizza since he served his mission in Italy. I have to say the Pier 49 was delicious and Dave's pizzas were awesome but I think we all have to agree that Brick Oven was the best- don't we. Actually I think we all liked what we brought the best but it was really fun. The kids loved doing the taste tests!
After the pizza-off our friends boys were playing in a baseball tournament and happened to have a game in Lehi so Matt, myself, Deirdre, Sylvie, Wyatt and Keegan headed over to watch them. They had a great time and the Crush won! We were about delirious because we didn't get back until midnight!
Sunday posed another day of events. We celebrated my Grandpa's 86th birthday. So we got up and started cooking. The weather was changing every 5 minutes so we couldn't decide to have the party inside or out- so that was always up for debate- I know Matt enjoyed moving the picnic tables around. The kids helped Grandpa Carl make homemade ice cream and they thought that was pretty cool. We had a great dinner then headed across the street to the new baseball diamond to play a game of kickball.




We ran ourselves into the ground playing and we had a great time. I think Deirdre got the idea of how to run the bases- since she never played outfield and at t-ball practice last week she kept running diagonal through the field. Then came the sad time- We had to go home because Matt had a publishing deadline for Monday. Wyatt and Deirdre were not pleased with this idea to put it mildly. And our family didn't enjoy the idea either and staged a block around our car. I have to say it almost made me cry because Matt and I didn't really want to leave either but it was cute of everybody to try to not let us leave- we love 'em! All the kids piled in my car and I tried to take them for a ride but then Kameron started talking about the fines per kid not in a seat belt and since I had 2 babies in the front seat- I figured I had to stop bluffing about taking them home with me. Anyway I'm glad they wish we could stay than hope we would leave! Good times- I love having fun memories for my kids to look back on!

4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time. I don't know how you do it every weekend, I would be exhausted! I like the idea of the pizza-off. We should try it down here sometime, oh wait, there aren't enough pizza places to make it worth it!! Haha.
I agree, it's so hard to leave your parents house when you know that your kids love it so much. Garrett always hates leaving grandma's house because that's where all the cousins are. Looks like you guys had a great time.
GREAT TIMES!!!
i love your background!!! we missed you this last weekend! are you coming up for father's day?
Post a Comment