Monday, July 6, 2009

Baseball Season!












Wyatt played little league and Deirdre played t-ball this summer. We have seriously never been so busy but we have had a great time doing it.

Deirdre had fun playing t-ball. She loved playing catcher and 1st base. I think she liked playing those because at 1st base she got to tell the kids which way to run and at home she got to put the ball on the tee, being the little mother hen that she is. She was comical to watch because she would get in her stance and then they would throw the ball and she would be watching something else. She had some great hits and even got a lot of kids out. She would look at me and say, "I've got six outs already!" She was a trooper because she had to watch Wyatt play a lot more than she got to play. She is going to be a good softball player.

Wyatt- oh, where to begin. When I read through this in a few years- I want to remind myself: Do not let Matt coach! Sullivan's practiced at least 3 times a week unless there were games which were once or twice a week. It was fun to meet new people and watch the boys play. Little League is very exciting compared to machine pitch and since our team was all new, we weren't quite prepared to deal with stealing bases, hitting and striking out! But they pulled through and I think Wyatt had a great time. On his first time pitching he was getting mad on his way back to the pitching mound, he was so frustrated he threw the ball on the ground. Matt called time out and walked out there and told Wyatt that he could never do that again and asked him if he wanted to be pulled out or what. Matt said, "What do you want to do Wyatt?" Wyatt said, "I want to stike this kid out!" So he did! He had a lot of great outs and throws. He struggled with hitting but he got better as the season went on. He made the machine pitch all-star team. So he got to play in a tournament for Cedar National. The tournament was in Parowan and they won their 1st game against Parowan but lost their next two. I think Wyatt had a lot of fun. He hit great and made some awesome plays.

My favorite play (since I missed quite a few since I was watching Hayden)was during the All-star tournament. The catcher threw the ball to Wyatt and a kid was running from 2nd to 3rd (Wyatt was on 3rd) and Wyatt started chasing the kid, the kid dove and so did Wyatt- It looked like the kid was safe but he dove to soon and missed the base! So Wyatt got him out!

It has been really fun and I look forward to next season.

No comments: